Sunday, July 8, 2012

4 Weeks Out!

Well, it has been about 4 weeks since we decide to start this journey of adoption. Where are we at?

Emotionally:  If anyone knows Dale and I you know we are opposites. If I had it my way we would have our little girl next week. If it were up to Dale it would be a bit longer. I am defiantly a go getter and Dale waits for it to come. This can cause some tension, as you can imaging, however I think it is a good compliment. We balance each other out. Dale teaches me to wait for God's timing. Currently, I am really learning how to allow God to take control and to wait on His timing and be at peace with His pace. I have been praying daily for wisdom and patients as we embark on this journey. I pray that God will be at the center of this journey and that He will be leading the way. I know that without Him leading we would surly get lost.

One verse that has been of particular comfort  and encouragement for me has been Psalms 37:5 - Commit your ways to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. 


Dale has been focusing on leading our family and seeking the Lord for guidance and wisdom. I know that as he seeks the Lord will answer.

Financially:  Currently, we have three fundraisers on the horizon. This month I am hosting a Premier Design Jewelry Show. One of my close friends, Heather Clark, sells Premier Design Jewelry and has agreed to donate the proceeds earned to our adoption. The show will be at our house on July 20th at 6PM. If you are interested in coming please let me know. All are welcome! Also, next month my mother is hosting another jewelry show with the proceeds being donated to our adoption. Lastly, on Aug 17th, 18th, and possible 19th Dale and I will be having a rummage sale. If you are interested in donating please let me know. So, those are our currently fundraisers. Our first milestone is to raise $2,500 so we can start the home study process. We are hoping to be able to start it by the beginning of September so we can get the ball rolling. Also, once we get our home study complete we can begin to apply for grants.

Adoption Process:  As I just mentioned we are hoping to start the home study process by the end of the summer. This process can be a quite long and invasive. We will have to submit finical records, health records, background checks, have our home evaluated, and go through several interviews. Once this is complete we then have to submit documentation to the federal government and get approval from them to adoption internationally. From here we wait around 2-4 months for our referral. A referral is the process in which you are matched with a child. With the Congo program they have referred children as young as a few days old. Typically, from here we would travel or have someone go and get our child. This typically happens within 6 months of receiving our referral. Once we bring the baby home we will have to go through several more post adoption visits and officially adopt our baby in the US.

As you can tell it is quite the process, but it will be well worth it when we bring our little girl home!

We humbly ask for your prayer. Some areas would would love prayer in:
     - Please pray that the Lord will give us great wisdom and decrement of His leading.
     - That we can raise the money needed so we can bring our little girl home.
     - That Kristie will continue to allow God control of the process.
     - Pray that as a family we will have joy and peace in this process.

Thanks you all for your love and support!!





No comments:

Post a Comment